- Fully tiltable colour driver interface
- Future-proofed Microsoft Windows CE Operating System
- Integral WLAN and GPRS/3G
Wayfarer200 is an open-platform electronic ticket machine designed to support the complex fare collection requirements of public transport operators. The technology is installed on over 18,000 buses across the UK and Australia and is a key strategic component in the roll out of ITSO concessionary and commercial smart cards in the UK.
Wayfarer200 can operate either as a stand-alone cash and smart card ticketing processor or as the primary driver console and gateway for other on-bus systems, such as RTI, Fleet Management and CCTV – with fast, secure data communication to the back office.
The platform uses the future-proofed Microsoft Windows CE Operating System and benefits from integral WLAN and GPRS/3G.
- Reduced boarding times and enhanced service performance
- Capable of smart card, paper-based and mobile transactions, with top up enabled on-bus, on platform, in-store or online
- Handles all contactless smart cards/tags and types including passes, stored value and multi-journey
- Improved driver and passenger experience
A fully modular and upgradable platform, enabled to transact the latest industry protocols, including NFC, and fully adaptable to on-vehicle and point of sale locations. Links seamlessly to Parkeon’s sophisticated back office architecture, delivering efficiency gains for operators and an enhanced user experience for passengers.
Wayfarer200 is designed for an extended service life, thereby minimising overall whole life operating costs.